Dark Age Version 0.4.1006 Released!

Started by
51 comments, last by Black Knight 14 years, 4 months ago
The new release is ready after another busy month.This release contains lots of new features,improvements and fixes.I have found a couple of bugs that would crash the game or editor in certain circumstances,hopefully they are fixed now. The game has locked doors now which require the correct key to open or a lock pick item that can be bought from the merchants.When you click a door if you already have the right key it will automatically unlock.If you don't have the right key you can try taking a lock pick from your inventory and clicking on the door to unlock it.Your chance to pick a door is based on your lock pick skill.Door can also be opened by levers that can be found inside the dungeons. There is a single type of trap included in the game.It is very simple and damages you if you get in it.There are other important features like inventory item stacking,smoke particle systems,new sounds,new tree model,different terrain grass texture. Here are the download links and the change log.Have fun and please let me know if you encounter any bugs or crashes. I need help with character models and animations so if you think you can help just drop a message or send an email. Download : Dark Age v0.4.1006 Videos : Download
">Editor on YouTube
">Game on YouTube Changelog : Dark Age Change Log Screenshots: [Edited by - Black Knight on December 17, 2009 9:03:49 PM]
Advertisement
The screenshots look quite cool! Nice water reflections. Unfortunately, both the game (windowed and fullscreen, with and without vsync, at various resolutions) as well as the editor immediately crash to desktop before even loading.

Running x86 XP Pro SP3, P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT with latest NVidia drivers (191.07). Let me know if there's anything you want me to try.
Oh sweeeeet. You've added interior levels and stuff! Will download now..

Edit: Just downloaded it then. I went to install it but it said I have to remove the existing version first. Just thought I'd let you know in case you weren't aware of that.

I tried playing it in 1024x768 in windowed mode with VSync on (default settings) and it crashed. Full screen also crashes.

Hmm is there anything in the log file?
I will look into this when I get home.
Any error messages when running the editor or the game?
Ok I tried the game and the editor on my computer and they both run.I did a fresh install from the downloaded file.I am running windows 7 radeon 5850.
Do you guys have vc 2008 redistributable and DX August redistributable installed?
The installer should install those but maybe there is something wrong.
Quote:Original post by Black Knight
Do you guys have vc 2008 redistributable and DX August redistributable installed?
The installer should install those but maybe there is something wrong.

DirectX wasn't part of your download. I had 9.0c but after updating over the internet it now works. Well, pretty impressive. The editor is cool, too! But after being corpse-camped by goblins at the graveyard for 30 times I ended up giving up -_-;;; By the way, you should really provide an uninstaller.

On another note, I also updated DirectX on my laptop and tried it there (Windows 7, DirectX 11) but it kept crashing, presumably because I am running with standard VGA drivers since neither NVidia nor Sony saw it fit to release an update. It crashes before it can make a log file, but the error message on Windows 7 is much more helpful:

Requested mode is not available
File: .\src\DirectX\D3DRenderer.cpp
Function: STE::D3DRenderer::D3DRenderer
Line: 104
-----------------------
STEngine
Very nice, but I can't kill anything..
Is there a sword somewhere? That bow sucks =)
The sword is right next to the bow when you start.
Omg, how did I miss that? =)
I'll have to play again.
OK thanks for the info.I will re check my installer and see why the DX setup is not working.It is part of the installer as a custom step and it is configured to do a silent install.I wonder why it is not working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement